Monday, October 9, 2017

#cat - #Please help! Cat is extremely aggressive only to new people.


Please help! Cat is extremely aggressive only to new people.

Hey guys! This is my first post here. I'm having some problems with my cat. About 5 months ago we took in a cat that was abused prior to coming with us. He never gave me or my boyfriend trouble, but he was always weird around new people. Fast forward to 3 months ago. We moved into an apartment and he seemed fine - up until a visitor came. He went completely crazy and attacked our guest so bad he was bleeding everywhere. We have tried everything to fix this problem. We got calming sprays, treats, more toys, vet prescribed medicine, which all end in the same thing of him attacking anyone new that comes to our house. He hisses and gets stiff and it's just scary. Is there anything you can think of we can try? We can't have people over because of his behavior, which is making us consider getting rid of him which I'm heartbroken about. He's such a playful, normal cat when he's alone with us. I'm out of ideas :(



Submitted October 09, 2017 at 12:27PM by lar_marie
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/75b2o8/please_help_cat_is_extremely_aggressive_only_to/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment