Sunday, October 1, 2017

#cat - #Thin hair and scabs? Help!


Thin hair and scabs? Help!

I adopted my first cat back in December of 2016, a 6 year old calico DSH named Cici. She is a 100% indoor cat who is my only pet.

Ever since I got her, she has never liked having the base of her tail scratched. You can give her a full body pet, but when you reach the base of her tail, her hair would do a weird ripple as though she didn't like being touched on that part of her body. She never seemed to be in distress or pain if you touched her in that area, it just seemed as though she didn't like it. After a few warning nips (I grew up learning that cats like having the base of their tail scratched so it took me a bit to break this habit), I decided to abandon that endeavor and just indulge her with chin and cheek scritches (her favorite thing). Recently I began feeling scaly bumps on her back when I would give her full body pets. Upon closer inspection tonight, I discovered a spot near the base of her tail with multiple light colored scabs (each about the size of the head of a push pin) in an area of thinning fur. For her, this is very unusual as her fur is very thick and plush.

Can you help me figure out what this might be? I'm worried because she has turned into my best friend in a city where I know very few people.



Submitted October 01, 2017 at 12:28AM by lil_belle
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/73k6hd/thin_hair_and_scabs_help/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment