Tuesday, December 5, 2017

#cat - #How to get my roommate's cat to stop hissing at me (and maybe start loving me)?


How to get my roommate's cat to stop hissing at me (and maybe start loving me)?

So I just took over someone's lease for an apartment in New York City. When I initially went to see the place, the roommate introduced me to her cat which seemed very friendly. Now that I moved in, about 4 days ago, I have noticed whenever my roommate is out, the cat becomes very aggressive with me. The apartment is relatively small and the cat tends to block a lot of the walkways to say, the bathroom and kitchen area. When my roommate is home, the cat seems to be a little more calm and even lets me pet her sometimes. I have left my door open to let the cat get used to my scent and explore. However, whenever I get close to the cat, or sometimes when the cat gets close to me in my room, she hisses and swipes at me. I've tried to positively condition her with treats and her toys, on my roommate's suggestion, but it doesn't seem to be working. She'll eat the treat from my hand and then hiss at me. Any suggestions? Will it get better with time?



Submitted December 05, 2017 at 03:40PM by screenfreak
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/7hth3o/how_to_get_my_roommates_cat_to_stop_hissing_at_me/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment