Sunday, January 21, 2018

#cat - #HELP: Weird cat peeing behavior


HELP: Weird cat peeing behavior

So, I've searched Google and Reddit for some time, and I can't seem to find anyone else who has an experience remotely similar.

My cat likes to kick litter outside the box? Solve: Get a hood for the litterbox.

Cat's new response? Doesn't like the flappy door thing. Solve: Hoods without the flaps and litter mats under litter boxes.

Cat's new response? She likes to pee on the matt instead of in the litterbox. Solve: Get different matt.

Cat's new response? She pees on that matt, and she now also goes the first mat to pee on that even though there's no litterbox on it (and it's even in a different location from where it was previously).

She still takes her dump INSIDE the box, and we have 5 litterboxes for our 3 cats in a four-level townhouse. All, but one, are in open locations. We only have this problem with one cat, and she also happens to like to pee over beds, blankets, and piles of clothes. The solution for this was getting more litter boxes and cleaning them out multiple times a day as well as keeping clothes off the floor and keeping the cats out of the bedrooms when we are away from work. For the most part, she gradually stopped peeing on our stuff but would pee on the mats put down to catch kicked out litter. Recently, she's started to pee on our things again. The other day, which was really about a month or two ago, she took a squat on the corner of the bed while my wife and I were in bed before going to sleep, and she started peeing while looking at us dead on. Usually, she waits til no one's around to pee on things.

The vets find her perfectly healthy no matter how many times we take her in. She's the only cat that kicks the litter or pees inappropriately and it's driving me mad. My wife thinks that she's a perfect angel, but I swear that this cat is just a little piss monster who knows she can get away with anything because she has a stump instead of a left hind leg.

The third cat belongs to a temp roommate, but that cat's introduction and presence haven't affected behavior relating to the litter box. We've kept them separated for the most part since she pretty much hates him, and he hisses at everything in fear (all bark but no bite). Her brother, on the other hand, is really chill; he's my favorite and will do anything to get high on our weed stash (catnip, not actual Marijana).

At this point, I have no clue what else to do or try. I've bought this spray that's supposed to be a stain and odor remover; it's also supposed to have this enzyme in it that deters cats from peeing wherever it's sprayed, but it's too soon to tell how well it works.

Any suggestions or advice? Anyone having a similar experience? Heck, even support or encouragement would be nice. I feel like I'm the only one going nut deep in a lake of "done."

EDIT: I just remembered, there's one mat that she doesn't pee on but it's not a litter mat. It's one of those plastic straw Asian mats. I don't know what they're called, but they're in every family relative home (we're Vietnamese). I just plopped the litter box on it, but I don't think I'd know if our cat would pee on it since it doesn't really hold water and stuff.



Submitted January 21, 2018 at 01:00PM by HumanRage
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/7s02tn/help_weird_cat_peeing_behavior/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment