Friday, February 9, 2018

#cat - #Housing wants cat caged when I’m away - what can I do?


Housing wants cat caged when I'm away - what can I do?

I have a neutered cat and he is supposed to be moving in with me. I am a college student, so I'm away for about three hours a day minimum. There's less than two feet across inside my room itself, and my roommate would be less than appreciative with my cat in a cage in the living area.

I'm concerned about him spraying and not using the litter box due to this when he is a well behaved cat. I plan on talking to housing as the agreements seemed to be talking about dogs without outright saying it. If denied, I'm stuck between keeping him in my hometown or doing what I can up here. I don't want him unhappy and I don't want him developing behavioral problems.

If denied is it better to keep him home and would there be anything I can do to satisfy housing while he has what he needs? I've maximized my space for him, but I am clueless on what to do about this as I can't just put it under my bed or hang it on a door.

Thanks in advanced.



Submitted February 09, 2018 at 05:07PM by throawayformycatskye
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/7whtg4/housing_wants_cat_caged_when_im_away_what_can_i_do/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment