Tuesday, May 22, 2018

#cat - #Cat straining to breathe


Cat straining to breathe

This has happened only a few times before so I didnt think much of it until I noticed my cat doing it much more often recently.

It only happens at the beginning of the day after waking up, or towards the end of the day when about to sleep.

I can see and feel her body tense and abdomen flex, almost as if she is going to hold her breath, and then she'll make a sound - almost like a duck sound - with a sharp release of air. I tried to palpate and feel around and she did it a couple more times when i gently pressed around her bottom ribs.

I dont think it's triggered by anything - she'll run around all day and show no symptoms, and there's no harmful sprays/chemicals I'm constantly spraying either.

I'm thinking maybe it's a mild form of asthma or something. Has anyone else experienced this? How is it treated?



Submitted May 22, 2018 at 07:27PM by Itadakimary
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/8lfg2x/cat_straining_to_breathe/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment