Wednesday, May 30, 2018

#cat - #How to manage hairballs for a cat who REFUSES to be touched?


How to manage hairballs for a cat who REFUSES to be touched?

I'm cat-sitting my boyfriend's cat, Persephone, for ten weeks while he's studying overseas; we are three weeks down. Persephone is twelve-ish years old and is a (not medicated) high anxiety, spayed, Maine Coon mix. She refuses to be touched by anyone other than my boyfriend or anything other than something she perceives to be my boyfriend. She will bite, scratch, do anything to avoid contact with anyone or anything else that moves.

It's getting to be summer right now, and Persephone has been shedding like crazy and grooming like crazy. A week ago, I found a hairball (it was hidden and pretty dried out, so it may have been there a few days), and today I found another hairball. Both were several inches long and about half an inch thick. I know that grooming a cat is the best way to prevent hairballs, but Persephone absolutely WILL NOT allow me to touch her with anything, including my hands or a brush.

So my question is two-fold:

  • Should I be concerned about the hairballs?
  • Is there anything I can do to reduce the hairballs in a way that won't be traumatic to Persephone?


Submitted May 30, 2018 at 12:04PM by PersephonesStaff
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/8narii/how_to_manage_hairballs_for_a_cat_who_refuses_to/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment