Monday, May 7, 2018

#cat - #kittens and heartbreak


kittens and heartbreak

M36 here. Back story - about 2 years ago while my bf had to work 300 miles away for a year, life got pretty lonely so I took a couple of stray kittens into our house. Jane is an alley cat, quite feral, pushy, independent but loves me very much and the feeling is mutual. Garfield is a domestic long hair, docile and dumb as a rock. Loving him takes no effort. He probably thinks the world of me, and I suspected that he was a dog in his previous life. About a year ago my bf quit his job and been jobless eversince. Due to budget constrain, we were unable to spay them, resulting 4 beautiful kittens. Granted I don't love them as much as their parents, but they definitely loves me and slowly they're growing on me. Taking care for 6 cats is not cheap. I have to put their well being first, so I had to stop paying for gym and other entertainment. We're struggling but we live. Lately my bf has been suggesting that we give up the kittens (his bro in law's sister rehouses homeless kittens). All things considered it is a logical decision. But my heart feels heavy. I keep imagining how lost they will be in the new place. What if their new house don't treat them right? Now I cannot see them without feeling like crying. Moral of the story : spay your cats before it brings you heartbreak.



Submitted May 07, 2018 at 10:06AM by thrussie
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/8hompa/kittens_and_heartbreak/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment