Thursday, July 26, 2018

#cat - #Curbing bad cat behavior


Curbing bad cat behavior

I have had my cat for the past 14 years. In his old age he is starting to development some annoying habits that are causing me some problem

For one thing, he has started meowing really loudly every day for the past two weeks around around five in the morning to be let outside, even though he is supposed to be an indoor cat. He was outdoors for most of his life, but a few years ago he went missing for the third time for several days and I decided to keep him indoors since then, unless he starts acting up in which case I let him outside on a leach. It's really cutting into my sleep pattern and I would like to get him to stop

Secondly, he has begun pawing at his water dish so that it spills outside the dish. He then proceeds to lick it off the ground. Besides leaving a mess on the floor, I worry that he may be losing his eyesight or that something else might be wrong with him.

Both of these issues have started relatively recently. I brought him to the vet about two months ago for unrelated issues and he mentioned that there was nothing wrong with him and that he was one of the healthiest cats he had seen for his age.

What can I do?



Submitted July 26, 2018 at 01:13PM by SelfDepricator
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/92585b/curbing_bad_cat_behavior/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment