Thursday, September 13, 2018

#cat - #Nervous cat-dad // cleaning litter boxes


Nervous cat-dad // cleaning litter boxes

So I sift my cats litter daily, and once a week I do a full change and wipe down of the box. Normally I just use water and napkins because I'm nervous, but today I used palmolive ultra strength dish soap and some water to wipe it down with, but I've been reading online (hello anxiety) that most people use dawn or something completely not chemical to clean it with. Since using the dish soap, my cat will not stop digging in the box and smelling the side walls etc. Is palmolive safe to use to clean his litter box with or am I going to make him sick/kill him? If it's dangerous, I will re-clean the box with just water and napkins to hopefully clean it up for him. Not sure if I left soap residue or if it's something completely different.

Help a cat dad out! Lol. Thanks for any responses, and thanks for reading even if you've got no advice for a neurotic, anxious cat dad like me :)



Submitted September 13, 2018 at 12:07PM by catsnpizza1
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/9fkcee/nervous_catdad_cleaning_litter_boxes/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment