Wednesday, October 17, 2018

#cat - #Cat Integration Help


Cat Integration Help

So I'm moving in with my parents after 8 years. I've had my cat Bean for 6 years since she was a kitten. My parents have a cat Phoebe, who has quite the personality, and is 2 years old. When I visit my parents I leave Bean in my room and the cats don't interact, they have both hissed through the door, Bean usually is the one that hisses. Their personalities are as follows:

Bean: Very chill, she's never bitten me once, cuddler, loves to be held like a baby, loves pets no matter where even if it's her tummy, doesn't play too much, will bring a toy to me when she feels like playing, loves cat nip and naps, gets along with other chill dogs. My best friend adopted her sister, we all lived together until my best friend moved away and the kitties haven't seen each other since they were two. Overall, I've never had any behavioral issues unless she was telling me she's sick or something was wrong/doesn't feel well. Bean hasn't been introduced with any other cats, only dogs.

Phoebe: Demonesque, will randomly bite my moms' arm or foot for no reason, extremely playful, will pounce on my parents dog but won't hurt or bite him, extremely fast, wild child, back talks like no other, I'll say hi to her and I get an immediate high pitched "meow why are you hear human". She's very cute and has her moments, but definitely the complete 180 of Bean.

Since I'm moving back in with my parents, we're trying to figure out how to best introduce them. My biggest fear is that Phoebe will revolt and hurt Bean. Bean has never behaviorally peed anywhere out of spite, but I have had cats that have done that so it's always in the back of my mind.

Since I won't be moving in for a few months, we're not sure if we should slowly introduce them if I go to visit my parents on weekends, or if we should wait until I actually move in. Honestly, any suggestion would be extremely helpful, my main concern is Bean getting hurt because Phoebe is sometimes unpredictable, and while she's never hurt my parents dog, I feel like a cat will be different. Thank you in advance for any suggestions/support.



Submitted October 17, 2018 at 11:13PM by inner_cat
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/9p68tf/cat_integration_help/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment