Monday, November 12, 2018

#cat - #Cat won't eat or drink...It's her second day in her new home


Cat won't eat or drink...It's her second day in her new home

Hello fellow cat people...

I am super anxious as my cat is neither eating or drinking for two days in a row now.

We adopted her from a shelter here in Japan, where she was brought to by her former owner.

She is 4-5 years old and spent those years with a partner cat, who we unfortunately couldn't take along...

In our home she has her own room, with her litter box (which she used once or twice for pee, I think, couldn't find any poo so far), lot's of cushions, a box with her former blanket, a cat tree, several food plates and a water bowl.

She has several hiding options in the room as well, including her own carry box. She is slowly but surely getting acclimated, except for the fact that she doesn't drink or eat... She even ventured outside of the room a couple times and took a walk in the living room and the kitchen.

I presented her with 4 different food options so far, wet and dry food. I keep her food plates clean and they are flat so her whiskers aren't disturbed or anything. I tried placing the food far away from her litter box, even outside the room for a while, but doesn't help. I sprinkled fish flakes over the food, tried warming food up...nothing. :(

I read that sprinkling a little cheese over food is also an option?

Does anyone have more tips as to how I can motivate my cat to eat? I fear that taking her to the vet will make things worse as she will just be traumatized by yet another environmental change...

Idk what to do



Submitted November 12, 2018 at 05:44PM by girlnextdooryo
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/9wk26q/cat_wont_eat_or_drinkits_her_second_day_in_her/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment