Friday, November 30, 2018

#cat - #Found a stray cat and owners won't respond


Found a stray cat and owners won't respond

*Posting for a friend in San Diego

I've occasionally seen a cat outside my apartments. The 2nd time I stopped to say hello and spent about an hour on the sidewalk with him because he was so friendly. I took him in on the factors that his fur seemed a bit unkept, he was very hungry, no collar, very long/sharp nails. I was a bit skeptical that I was "kidnapping" someone's cat because of how friendly he was and that he was already neutered. That night I created a whole set up for him starting with the necessities (food, water, litter, litter box) and then the pet store included a few free toys. Within the span of a day, this cat constantly followed me around for pets and cuddles, came back from a different room almost on command, felt comfortable enough to freely lounge around, and curled up and slept ever-so peacefully on my bed. That next morning I put out flyers all around the neighborhood and took him to the vet to check for a microchip. He does have one and the vet contacted the owners and gave them my name and number to get their cat back. The vet said they didn't seem as enthusiastic as one might think if they lost their cat and they have yet to contact me. I definitely think I would be willing to take this cat in as my own. I love learning all of his quirks and he's been a blessing. If I don't hear from them within the few days, what should be the next steps?



Submitted November 30, 2018 at 01:42PM by alexthetruth230
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/a1w9e3/found_a_stray_cat_and_owners_wont_respond/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment