Monday, November 19, 2018

#cat - #My cat keeps peeing by the front door


My cat keeps peeing by the front door

I guess the title is pretty self explanatory. I have a two year old boy kitty, neutered. In the last year, he has found numerous places in the house to pee, most notably right at the entry of our home. My husband and I are at our wits' end. We've gotten him to stop peeing everywhere else, but the front door. We have another cat who we have no issues with. I don't know if it helps to know this, but our other cat is a spayed female. They share a litter box and they're both indoor only. We don't have room in our small house for a second box.

I can't really figure out what's causing him to do this. We try to keep the box clean. We went to our local pet and garden store, and they recommended we try a calming spray (we have one that's like a Glade plug in) because they said it could be stress related. It's been about a week and so far, no changes. He's not being bullied away from the litterbox that I've been able to see and he makes quite a show when he goes to the box. I don't believe he has any medical issues. He'll do it right in front of me and as soon as I notice, he stops and runs away, then slinks around the house like he knows he's in trouble, making me believe it's behavioral.

So far, other than that calming mist thing and a deterrent spray, I'm trying essential oils (orange, lavender, and lemongrass, i read are nontoxic) sprayed near the door. My house smells better but I don't have a lot of hope that this will work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Tldr: cat pees in front of door, can't figure out why to make it stop.



Submitted November 19, 2018 at 02:49PM by jess-lint-art
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/9yldqh/my_cat_keeps_peeing_by_the_front_door/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment