Saturday, November 24, 2018

#cat - #Question for Siberian Cat owners! (Allergies)


Question for Siberian Cat owners! (Allergies)

I've been allergic to cats my whole life, but have been receiving allergy shots for about a year and a half now to deal with a multitude of seasonal allergies plus cats and dogs. My seasonal allergies have improved tenfold since I've been getting the allergy shots which has been wonderful. My allergist told me to find a cat to play with around August/September to see how I reacted. I played with that cat for a solid 2 hours before my eyes started to get a little itchy and I got sneezy. Now, this was just a typical cat, and the household had 3 or 4 cats living there.

I've been doing some research and found that a lot of people with allergies can have Siberian cats. I know that whole deal about the Fel D1 and that they are low-allergen cats and not allergy-free cats. I was just looking for some personal stories and experiences about adopting Siberian cats.

Side note: for anyone with knowledge about allergy immunotherapy shots, I've been on my maintenance dose for maybe 5 or 6 months. So I feel after another 1 to 2 years of treatment my allergies should get even better



Submitted November 24, 2018 at 01:59PM by OneMediumLargePizza
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/a026if/question_for_siberian_cat_owners_allergies/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment