Monday, November 26, 2018

#cat - #Two 5-month old kitties with ringworm. Halp!


Two 5-month old kitties with ringworm. Halp!

Hey, guys! I hope all is great and that ya'll had a wonderful holiday!

Just a side note about my new babies: They both were born without eyelids. I believe it's called Eyelid Agenesi or Eyelid Coloboma. One kitten had to have one of his eyes removed due to the eye having a lot of problems. Both have had Cryosurgery for the hair/eyelashes around the eyes.

The two-eyed kitten only has one spot of ringworm. The woman at the pound showed it to me under the blacklight. The best way I can describe it is that it looked "healed-over". There are no scabs. It looks like when a human's scab has healed and it has fallen/scratched off. Just an outline of a lighter color. He doesn't have any patches of fur missing either. Does this mean it's on the mend? Maybe less contagious or not contagious at all?

The one-eyed kitten had many on his back and tail. They all seemed to look "healed-over" as well. He also didn't have any patches of fur missing from his coat.

They gave me some medicine to bath/spot treat them with. I also have the two brothers quarantined. They have only been in the bathroom of my place. I have two other cats so I am making sure there is no touchy mctouchy going on. I will also make sure to clean down the bathroom any day of treatment (one is today).

A big question I have is: How long should I keep up the treatment/quarantine? The employee didn't really have an answer for me and she couldn't tell me when they started treatment (she was new).

Their vet visit will be next week. It's the first available time working with my schedule and their open hours. It is a 'cat only' practice and they are so wonderful over there. I just can't wait to show these babies off, haha.

I don't even know if an answer to this question is possible without seeing the cats in person. I was just a little stressed/anxious about it and wanted some relief while I waited for the Vet visit. I've never had a pet with ringworm so I don't know what to look for nor the timeline of it. I have had ringworm a few times as a kid playing in the dirt. It didn't bother me when I got it - I just don't want guest getting infected or the other cats.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!



Submitted November 26, 2018 at 04:34PM by this_is_guacward
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/a0oxo2/two_5month_old_kitties_with_ringworm_halp/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment