Friday, March 8, 2019

#cat - #Help needed for my two fur babies.


Help needed for my two fur babies.

My fur baby is 2 1/2 years old (boy), and is the most affectionate and loving cat I've ever met. In January, I adopted a 4 month old kitten (girl), and they were in love with one another. About 2 weeks ago, my kitten passed away very suddenly and it left me and him heartbroken. I ended up adopting another kitten (6 month old girl) because I couldn't bare the fact he was alone. The first kitten was a farm cat and was taken in by the daughter of the farmer, and the new kitten was adopted from a shelter, with all of her shots/ spaying taken care of. It's been 3 days since I've had her, and at first my oldest was curious/ playful with her. Now, he has become what I would classify as depressed. He hasn't touched his dry food since the death of his sister, but would eat wet food up until two days ago. Now he hasn't eaten. He also hasn't purred in two days, even when I brush him and let him drink the water from the faucet (his favorite things to do). Meanwhile, new kitty has been throwing up. Three times two days ago and three times today. After losing my kitten so suddenly I'm paranoid about losing my two babies now. Is this normal adjusting? I think the culprit behind the throwing up is not normal eating times since I only have been feeding her when I'm home, and sometimes she is reluctant to eat, but I'm not sure. Is this what I should expect given the circumstances? Help. After losing a kitten, and now having two cats seemingly unhealthy I am having a hard time believing I'm not the worst cat mother.



Submitted March 08, 2019 at 11:22PM by lily_granger
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/az0j5u/help_needed_for_my_two_fur_babies/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment