Saturday, June 8, 2019

#cat - #New cat meows at bowl but is starving herself, hasn't eaten in days


New cat meows at bowl but is starving herself, hasn't eaten in days

I just adopted an old cat, who was a surrender. She is at least 11 years old. I brought her home this past Tuesday and let her get adjusted to her new surroundings, and I set her out a bowl of the dry food she was used to (Meow mix) and the wet food she was used to (Friskies). She only licks them and has yet to actually consume the food, and it's worrying me. I also tried a variety of wet and dry foods, freeze dried foods and treats, broths, kitten milk replacer, and gravy. No matter the moisture, flavor, or quality, she will not eat. She still drinks water and her teeth are fine.

She has been vomiting straight bile each night. She uses the litterbox, bit the stools are incredibly small and quite runny. Very little of her stool is solid. She keeps leading me to her food bowl and meowing but I don't understand what she's trying to tell me. She's fairly well adjusted to the house now and enjoys exploring and getting attention. She doesn't seem stressed about her surroundings.

I scheduled a vet appointment as soon as I could get her in, she's going in this Tuesday. But it will have been a full week since she's willingly eaten. I managed to syringe feed her about an ounce of formula but that's all I could do. Does anyone have any clue at all what could be going on?



Submitted June 08, 2019 at 09:15PM by OddlyAvian
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/byg013/new_cat_meows_at_bowl_but_is_starving_herself/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment