Sunday, June 9, 2019

#cat - #Wil my feral ever love me?


Wil my feral ever love me?

I took in a feral car that was born in the basement of my apartment building two years ago. It seemed like he was getting bullied by the other, bigger ferals in the neighborhood.

We worked with a rescue place to trap him and get him his shots. For a week after being trapped and spayed, he lived in a crate with the woman who works at the rescue. We've had him at home with us for almost 4 weeks now. The first week and a half we kept him in a crate until he adjusted to our voices, and then we let him out.

When we are home he either hides in his cat cave bed in the living room, under the kitchen table on a chair, or inside one of the kitchen drawers that he has claimed as his own. When we are in bed, with the bedroom door closed, he explores and roams around the rest of the place.

Will he ever come to love and accept us? I've heard stories from other people who took in ferals that lived under their bed for a month before coming out. It's been almost a month now, though.



Submitted June 09, 2019 at 07:38AM by eneri819
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/bykafo/wil_my_feral_ever_love_me/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment