Thursday, September 21, 2017

#cat - #Cat mom with an old cat problem


Cat mom with an old cat problem

I am having some serious problems with a 15 year old altered male mancoon. At the slightest startle, he attacks my other 17 year old slender female cat. They have been together since he was a kitten but they have never been friends. She mostly just hates him and does not want to be around him. It has been like that for 15 years now.

We just moved into a new house, and he has not taken the move well. It took him a full month to not hide most of the day. He also attacks the other cat at the least bit of a startle. If we drop something in the kitchen we have to break up a cat fight. I am really worried about this because he is almost double the weight of the female and I am worried for her safety. She is very thin aind I am sure has brittle bones. Separating him into a separate room while he is worked up hasn't helped to stop the attacks from happening. I am worried about what could happen when no one is home.

Other than permanently separating them and him living in my brand new bedroom for the rest of his natural life, litter box right next to the new bed, what can I do? How can I make this more safe? I heard about the pharamone collars to help with anxiety. Any vets here know if that actually works? The negative reviews are pretty scary, ranging from no effect to chemical burns. His reaction is so instant to a startle and different from his normal self I don't know how to curb it with training. Is his age a factor? Is this the first signs of his his mind deteriorating?

Please help. I am really at a loss for what I can do.

https://imgur.com/a/cufms



Submitted September 22, 2017 at 12:37AM by RosieSprinkle
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/71p9j5/cat_mom_with_an_old_cat_problem/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment