Tuesday, April 24, 2018

#cat - #How can I get my adult cat into a bath?


How can I get my adult cat into a bath?

My kitty was adopted at 8 years old after being in a shelter. He was neglected and abused for his whole life so I'm assuming he was never introduced to water. I've tried putting him in a bath before, slowly, and it was the one and only time I've ever heard him hiss. Recently, we moved to a new house with a front lawn that needs to be redone, but won't be for a few more months. My little man loves going outside and getting his paws in the grass, only, now he comes in all muddy and dirty. I've tried cleaning him off with a damp rag and a brush, but it doesn't work properly. He needs to be washed in a bath, I don't want him to get sick from ingesting dirt. Does anyone have any advice on how to introduce him to going in a bath? He's very close to us and loves being held, cuddled and petted, but as soon as water is involved, all of his trust in us is gone!



Submitted April 24, 2018 at 03:54PM by chicken-nugs
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/8eobmf/how_can_i_get_my_adult_cat_into_a_bath/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment