Saturday, May 12, 2018

#cat - #Cat adjusting to new kitty, doesn't seem to be going well.


Cat adjusting to new kitty, doesn't seem to be going well.

So, my beautiful cat named Shadow has feline anxiety, according to the vet. He said it's one of the worst he's seen, and when I take her the vet she is absolutely terrified unless I have my hand on her as reassurance (not holding her down, but gently letting her know I've got her back.)

Anyway, I've been spending more time away from my apartment as I'm now in University, and I'm also finally developing a social life. The result is having a bored cat. I've wondered about getting another cat to give her a friend and help her not be so bored, and I finally had the opportunity to get a kitten and jumped on the chance.

I'm aware that adjusting will take time. The new cat is absolutely fine. He slept in the lazy boy in my living room. (I'm not gonna bring him into room until Shadow lets him, she needs her safe space.) But she's terrified. Its wierd, she's not big, but he's tiny, not even a quarter of her size, only about 7.5 weeks old. She growls if he comes near, is super agitated, and even attacked my hand at one point when I held it out for her to smell - after petting the new guy.

Tl;dr How can I make it easier for Shadow to calm down and accept the new guy, maybe even mother him? Im scared she will hurt him if I leave.



Submitted May 12, 2018 at 08:57AM by Fablemaster44
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/8iwj7u/cat_adjusting_to_new_kitty_doesnt_seem_to_be/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment