Tuesday, September 11, 2018

#cat - #Help: Cat Scared of BF


Help: Cat Scared of BF

I'm at a loss of what to do. My boyfriend and I started seeing each other back in April. I adopted my cat about 3.5 years ago. She was a year old when I adopted her; the shelter found her at a month old. She was sick on and off up until a few months before I adopted her, so she didn't have much exposure to other people/animals and is extremely skittish. She tends to be wary of new people, but eventually warms up to them.

She reached a point where she was friendly with my boyfriend, but one day he accidentally spooked her. He poked her when she was eating near the edge of my bed and when he tried to follow her because he felt bad about scaring her, she hid in my closet, thinking he was chasing her. She used to hide under my bed when I got her, so my bed is her safe space.

Now, she will start to become comfortable with him again, but he might move too fast or walk in an area where she will feel trapped and she regresses. She has started to poop on the carpet or cower and hide. He basically lives here and is starting to officially move in, so he is here more often. We try to give her places where he will leave her alone when she gets scared. I have also tried spraying these areas with Feliway to calm her.

How can we help her calm down and for them become friends again?



Submitted September 11, 2018 at 05:15AM by EponaShadowfax
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/9ewly9/help_cat_scared_of_bf/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment