Tuesday, September 11, 2018

#cat - #Help a paranoid cat parent out


Help a paranoid cat parent out

Okay, I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting this but I dont use reddit often enough to know the difference, so bare with me.

To make a long story even longer... the gist of it is, my spouse and i have a cat. And my spouses parents have a dog. They were going on a cruise for this week and asked us to dog sit for them. We of course want to be a blessing to them so we said yes. We live about an hour away from his parents house, and we work in the town we live in. My cat in total would be alone for 8 nights. My question is, is it a good idea to stop in and spend some time with him every day that we're in town for work? Or is it too much on him to see us daily but for us to be gone in the evening? Hes a pretty nervous cat in general, he only likes my spouse and I. And when we leave for long periods of time like this, he normally gets pretty upset. So I thought that by spending time with him from 6 am to around 11 am / noon, it would be better than him having no time with us at all and just being left alone. He has only 4 more nights to go, but this is the second day I've come in and spent some time with him. Am I perpetuating the situation by coming back and seeing him and then leaving again? Or am I maybe helping?

I am a very overly cautious paranoid cat parent, so I know I sound pretty ridiculous. But 2 years ago I lost a cat suddenly to heart failure, she was fine one minute we left the house came back in 15 minutes and she had passed. Unfortunately this has left me very very paranoid about leaving this kitty we have now.. so my nerves are crazy!

Thank you to anyone who even took the time to read this, and thank you to those who respond. :) I am very appreciative.



Submitted September 11, 2018 at 08:11AM by catsnpizza1
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/9exw4d/help_a_paranoid_cat_parent_out/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment