Tuesday, September 4, 2018

#cat - #How do I keep a cat out of a room without closing the door and not scratch it at night?


How do I keep a cat out of a room without closing the door and not scratch it at night?

I might as well ask both questions at once since they are somewhat related.

I'd like to keep my room's door open when I'm in and still prevent cats from entering. The main reason I don't want them in there is that they don't know how to behave in there so I decided not to let them in at all. This really impacts the air flow in the room. I should also note that I can't make any modifications to the apartment itself since it's rented. If I keep the door closed they don't seem to mind until it's around midnight. Then most of the time one of them starts screaming and scratching the door. It actually sounds more like they are trying to dig through the door. So during nights there has to be a way to keep the cat away from the door. Some temporary solutions (that are starting to fail) have proven that the cat doesn't scream for long if they can't scratch the door. I have tried playing with the cats but that doesn't help. Some say that 30 minutes is enough, but they play 2 or 3 minutes if I'm lucky and then stop. What should I do?



Submitted September 04, 2018 at 11:18PM by Scotty_SR
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/9d3c1x/how_do_i_keep_a_cat_out_of_a_room_without_closing/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment