Thursday, October 4, 2018

#cat - #Help!!! Need advice from Cat people!!!


Help!!! Need advice from Cat people!!!

So I have always been a die hard dog person. I have 2 small dogs (Maltipoo & Havashire); the past few weeks a kitten has been living in the bushes in my backyard. I'm not sure how old it is. Historically I've always ignored the cats or kittens so they would go away. However, for some reason this kitten has had an effect on me. Everyone told me not to feed it and I just couldn't turn my back on it's pitiful little face. Fast forward... it's been a few weeks now, and I make sure it gets fed everyday!!! It's literally waiting at my door when I get home and will come to me. If I decide to keep the cat, how do I introduce it to my dogs??? I think the younger dog would be okay with it (he's less than 2 years) but the older dog who's 6, is not having it!!! Should I catch it and turn it over to animal control (who has a 90% no kill rate), leave it outside and keep feeding it (although it's about to be cold), or try to bring it in? It tries to come in the house now, even with the dogs barking at it. I can't stand to see it cold and I don't want anything to happen to it. I called a few rescue places but they're already at capacity for feral felines. Any advice is appreciated!!!



Submitted October 04, 2018 at 01:33PM by Sparkleyboots
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/9lf3qu/help_need_advice_from_cat_people/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment