Saturday, November 3, 2018

#cat - #My cat was murdered


My cat was murdered

Hello cat-lovers. I got the worst news of my life so far on Friday. My dearly beloved cat, whom I have had for 12 years, my beautiful baby boy, was mauled to death by one of the family dogs. He was more like a son to me, my favourite of my five cats, the only one I could imagine being pregnant with. We had such a special bond and he really loved me, licking my face and purring whenever I picked him up. I was the only human whom he let touch him. I feel like my world is crumbling and I don't know if I will ever be the same again. None of the other cats match up to him and I've just been bedridden and crying all weekend. I keep thinking of how I could have given him a better life - he had gooey eyes at times and I picked the goo out of them sometimes and on my last contact with him I was cleaning wax out of his ears, not cuddling him. He had also been attacked by the dog before and we said the dog needs a new home but we put it off, just keeping them separate. It seemed so cruel to bring the dog back to the shelter when he was so happy with us and a playmate for the other dog but it's what we should have done and my beloved baby boy would still be with us. I said to my dad it's like if I had a boyfriend who battered me a few times, my father let me keep seeing him and then he savagely murdered me. It could have been prevented, I feel so personally responsible and tear up when I think of how he ended and how I could have given him a better life. It's just horrific, when he was alive I said he was the love of my life and I can't imagine loving anything more, not even a husband or a child. I would deal better with the death of me mother, father, sister or brother . I know I may seem maudlin but I'm just so lost and don't feel my life will ever truly be the same again. I am asking the chaplains at my college to pray for him to get into heaven and I may ask the catholic chaplain if there is anything I can do to get him into heaven, I will stay chaste for ten years or the likewise if I have to. Also, we have the option of either putting down the dog or bringing him back to the shelter, or trying to find a new home for him among our friends. We have four other cats and this cannot be allowed to happen again. I don't agree with the death penalty for humans and he is such a sprightly and friendly dog to humans but I can't bear to think that this could happen to another cat, and euthanasia is meant to be painless. I was thinking of emailing the philosophy department at college and asking what is the most ethical thing to do. Can anyone guide me on the right thing to do? It has just been such a nightmare that I keep wishing I could wake up from. I would do anything to be with him again, cuddling in bed with him licking my face and purring.



Submitted November 03, 2018 at 10:35PM by MoyaOSullivan
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/9u0w3v/my_cat_was_murdered/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment