Monday, January 7, 2019

#cat - #How can I stop litter from getting everywhere?


How can I stop litter from getting everywhere?

We have the litter box in the bathroom and our cat gets litter everywhere. The box is kept clean, but she digs around when using the box (although never actually covers her poop). I saw people online talking about ways to cut down litter on the floor and got one of those clear storage boxes.

I put the litter box inside, cut a portion out of the side only large enough for her to get in an out, and made it about three inches higher than the edge of the litter box. On the other sides it's about eight inches higher.

I recently renovated the bathroom and replaced the old floor with a tile floor. My wife used to put newspaper around the litter box to catch the litter but it didn't work. I thought the higher sides of the outer box would catch the litter, but if anything there's more litter now.

It's a small bathroom and the box is under the sink. I moved the pipes to leave lots of clearance and the box fits underneath with plenty of headspace. There's no real room to put down anything on the floor to catch the litter, and there's no where else to put the box.

What can I do to prevent this? It's driving me nuts.



Submitted January 07, 2019 at 10:20AM by marmorset
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/adju5v/how_can_i_stop_litter_from_getting_everywhere/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment