Thursday, March 28, 2019

#cat - #Do you think it's morally ok to pick up a cat?


Do you think it's morally ok to pick up a cat?

Cat is sitting there on the floor. I want to spend some time with him, so I pick him up, sit down on a couch, put him on my stomach and pat him. Sometimes he'll stay and purr; if he wants to go, I let him go.

Every time I do this, my roommate/the cat's owner gets a little upset, because he thinks I'm disturbing the cat, like I'm slightly abusing the cat.

I understand that's how he feels, and we are friends, but his take on this is eccentric/uncommon, right?

 

Edit: cat always let me pick him up, without making a protesting sound, or struggling.

Our disagreement is only about what's good for the cat, not anything like he doesn't like me use his things (in this case animals).



Submitted March 28, 2019 at 01:14PM by stupid_if_easily_dis
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/b6myq9/do_you_think_its_morally_ok_to_pick_up_a_cat/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment