Thursday, September 27, 2018

#cat - #Itty Bitty Kitty


Itty Bitty Kitty

Soooooooo the wife and kids took our dog to the vet on a Thursday. She says that our vet with a few others had rescued a bunch (but not all) of kittens from a kill shelter. These kittens had come from numerous locations. Now there were only two left, one barn kitten and one from a hoarder. The kids watched them in there cage, dogs appointment is over they go home. Come Monday while I'm at work my wife texted me and asked if I want two cats. Me: What cats? Wife: The cats from the vet. Me: they aren't there anymore. Wife: yeah they are. Me thinking to myself: she really wants cats? Of course she does or she wouldn't have texted me about them. An hour later she texts: nevermind we have too much going on. I'm thinking, WHAT?!? She wouldn't have brought this up if she didn't want them. I call the vet, indeed they are still there. Aight I bounce work early. Roll to the vet on the other side of town. I walk in there are two kittens, one four months (light grey with black stripes), one three months (all black with the tiniest white start on his chest). They were the last two so the Vet put them together, they had been together for a while. So if course I grabbed them both, the four month old (Dash) was 6 pounds and the three month old (Ninja) was 4 pounds. Now fast forward a couple of months, Dash is growing like a weed and Ninja not at all. I mean the same size, and a little boney. We have talked to the vet, ran a bunch of tests, everything checks out fine. Vet says he is just going to be small. He is eating fine, not as active as Dash but still really active. I mean I guess everything is fine, just never had a cat this small. He is a little lover, always liked to be around you, when you sit he'll jump up and curl up in your lap. Little guy is a good jumper as well. Don't know what else to say he is my 4.5-5 pond cat, and he is awesome. The other cat Dash, he is about 7 pounds and lives up to his name, he is an attack cat. He and our dog Fiona are constantly playing. So I was just wondering who else has these small cats? How common are they? Edit for typos



Submitted September 27, 2018 at 05:13AM by purpleontop
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/cat/comments/9jby31/itty_bitty_kitty/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment